Your skin will look and feel healthier when it’s properly hydrated.
Hydrated skin is healthy skin. Your skin needs plenty of water and moisture to remain elastic, protect you from the elements, and look its best. But what are the best ways to keep your skin hydrated on a daily basis?
How to Keep Skin Hydrated
These strategies will keep your skin adequately hydrated:
- 1. Drink lots of water. It’s the first tip because it’s the most important—you have to drink a lot of water. It’s almost impossible to drink too much water, so keep a glass of water by your side throughout the day, and make it a point to drink more.
- 2. Eat more fruits and vegetables. It’s also a good idea to add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. Not only are they mostly water by volume, they’re also packed with vitamins and minerals that are good for your skin.
- 3. Avoid harsh soaps. Bathing is obviously important, but harsh soaps and cleaners can dry out your skin, removing all the natural oils your body produces.
- 4. Apply moisturizer. After bathing, apply moisturizer—especially to sensitive areas like your face and hands.
- 5. Use a nightly face cream. Finally, apply a specially formulated night cream to your face before going to bed. Throughout the night, the moisturizing agents, vitamins, and other active ingredients can penetrate your skin, leaving it soft, hydrated, and refreshed.
Are You Dehydrated?
There are several ways you can tell if you’re not getting enough