Healthy eyelashes require ongoing attention, but not everyone is willing to take these steps.
Your eyelashes frame your eyes, and can instantly make an impression on the people you meet—for better or worse. Most of us spend at least some time on our lashes, like applying mascara or using an eyelash curler, but for healthier, fuller eyelashes, you’ll need to step up your game.
The Eyelash Care Mistakes Everyone Makes
These mistakes are frighteningly common, and could be costing you the health or appearance of your eyelashes:
- 1. They use mascara too frequently. Mascara is a quick way to make your eyelashes look prettier, but there’s a point where it starts to do more harm than good. Wearing mascara all day, every day can leave your eyelashes dry and brittle.
- 2. They don’t remove makeup before bed. Leaving mascara on too long is even worse. It’s important to remove your makeup before bed, to reduce the risk of infection and ensure your eyelashes can breathe.
- 3. They remove makeup too harshly. That said, removing makeup can also be problematic. If you use harsh products, or if you aggressively scrub your face, you could forcefully remove eyelashes or damage the skin around your eyes.
- 4. They use cheap or chemically intense products. Cheap mascara and eyelash products are often full of harsh chemical ingredients, which can dry out your eyelashes or cause skin irritation. Expensive isn’t necessarily better, but price is often correlated with ingredient quality.
- 5. They never comb or tend to