1. What information does Siaralux collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
Information You Provide:
We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
- email address
- telephone number
- social security number
- username and password
- payment card information
- financial information
- user generated content
- demographic information
- customer satisfaction surveys
- personal preferences
- resume, cover letter and similar employment-related materials
- employment history
We may allow you to use your personal social media account, on social media sites ("Personal Social Media Account"), to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites.
This information may include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following:
- profile picture
- user ID
- list of friends
- work history
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites
- web pages requested and viewed
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear
Location Information. Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information that we then use for the specific feature you have selected, such as:
- Retail locator. Our Sites may allow you to search for an authorized reseller of Siaralux products near you. If you access one of our Sites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the internet.
- Email. Our emails may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby Siaralux locations. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
- Mobile offers. If you consent to receive them, we may send offers to your mobile devices when you are in certain locations.
Cookies and other similar technology. We and our third party service providers use "cookies." Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our third-party service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and with our advertisements
- the time of your visit to our Sites
- confirmation when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email
- sites you visit after visiting our Sites
Information Obtained from Third parties
We may combine information about you from other sources with the information we have collected about you on our Sites or Social Media Pages. For example, in connection with searching and applying for jobs with us, we may use a third party to collect and process the applicant profiles and preferences, monitor website activity, maintain the database based in the U.S and provide plug-ins (such as LinkedIn) at your request. We require that the information you provide on pages hosted by these third parties be maintained by them in confidence. Information you voluntarily supply will be stored in a database, which will be accessed by authorized personnel of Siaralux to address your inquiry or consider you for employment purposes with any of our affiliates. We may also keep the information for future consideration.
Information Collected on Siaralux's Social Media Pages
2. How do we use the information we collect about you? The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you and helps us continually improve your experience on our Sites.
We use the information you provide, information collected through your Personal Social Media Accounts, and information collected on our Social Media Pages for things like:
- opening an online account
- improving and developing our products
- servicing our customers
- advertising and marketing, including emails, texts and postal mail
- personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites
- responding to your inquiries
- market research and surveys
- conducting events, promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- processing job applications
We use navigational information gathered through technology for determining things like:
- which parts of our Sites are most visited or used
- what features/products are browsed
- how to improve and better transact business
- the effectiveness of our Sites
- lead generation
- difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Sites
- monitoring the number of visitors to our Sites
- average time spent on our Sites
- any programming errors or failures on any of our Sites
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology to determine many of the same things listed for navigational information above. In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for things like:
- personalizing your experience on our Sites
- serving tailored ads on other sites, as described below
- tailoring email marketing to you based on your preferences on, or use of, our Sites
- determining return visitors
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising
We use third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to measure traffic and usage trends, and to help us better understand your use of and interaction with our Sites and Social Media Pages. Like the navigational information described above, the social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
3. How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other sites that you visit and what choices do you have?
We may contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites. These third-party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience on our Sites and other sites that you visit. You may opt to not accept cookies. You should be aware that our systems may not recognize "Do Not Track" signals from all browsers since there is not currently an accepted standard for how to respond to such signals.
4. Does Siaralux share your information with third parties? We do not sell your personal information to unrelated third parties. We may share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes outlined below:
- Authorized Siaralux professional accounts or other resellers of Siaralux products
- Our contractors, vendors, affiliates and third-party service providers in order to perform tasks on our behalf such as the following: a. facilitating your purchase b. assisting in servicing our products c. providing and improving our communications with you d. responding to requests to our investor relations e. cloud based and hosting services
- Third parties so that they can offer products or services related to your purchase
- When it is necessary for completing or servicing any transactions that you have authorized and, in some instances, to verify the existence or condition of your account with a financial institution, credit bureau or other third party
- To verify an application for employment
- As required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law
- To protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others, including where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- As necessary and appropriate to protect Siaralux from harm due to fraud or other illegal activities.
If Siaralux were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
We may also share aggregate data about our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with third parties, but none of this data is connected to an individual's personal information.
5. What choices do you have over how Siaralux uses your information?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
- Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as customer service communications.
- Location Information:
1) Mobile Device Location Information. Your mobile device settings may allow you to disable location-based services, which will prevent our Sites from accessing your precise mobile device location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your device for instructions.
- 2) Desktop Device Location Information. Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Sites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your browser for instructions.
- 3) Email Location Information. Your email program may allow you to prevent the pixel tags or images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the "Email" section, above.
- Postal Marketing: If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us via regular postal mail, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-888-497-0091 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that you want to be removed from the Siaralux postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed.
- Text Messages: You may opt-out from receiving text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions in the text message or by contacting us as described below in Section 8. Children's Privacy: Our Sites are intended for adults, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 on our sites or marketing platforms. If we become aware that anyone under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
Additional Rights and Disclosures for California Residents: California Consumer Privacy Rights: You have the right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, the following, free of charge. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which your personal information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- To opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties;
- That we delete or erase the personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions; You may exercise your rights and opt-out of the sale of your information by contacting us at the phone number or email below. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity when your request is made. When submitting a request, please provide your name, email address, phone number and mailing address in the original request, as well as an explanation of the rights you wish to exercise with the request. Without this information we may not be able to verify your identity or complete your request.
Customer Care: 1-888-497-0091 Email: email@example.com
6. How does Siaralux secure your information on its Sites?
Our Sites utilize encryption technology. We also use firewalls and have implemented other reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures designed to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Moreover, we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. While we implement these security measures on our Sites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
We may enable you to navigate to third-party websites through links on our Sites. We do this for your convenience. If it is not one of our Sites, we don't endorse, may not have any affiliation with, do not control and are not responsible for those third-party websites and/or their Internet and web practices. Whether the third-party content appears within our Sites environment (like a map frame), or you leave our Sites for another website to view it, the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of those other websites govern your online experience. Please review their terms of service and privacy policies if you have any question about their practices.
8. How can I contact Siaralux?
Phone: Customer Care: 1-888-497-0091 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include your question or request, name, email, phone number and address information.
Effective as of: 6-29-2020