Clay masks can remove your clogged pores and improve your skin, but how?
Clay Masks rely on a combination of activated charcoal and various types of clay to penetrate the pores of your skin, cleanse them of clogs, and leave your skin feeling healthier, cleaner, and more refreshed. It’s an ideal tool for people suffering from acne, whiteheads, or blackheads, people with excessive oily skin, and people simply interested in improving the health of their skin.
That said, your Clay Mask is limited in effectiveness if you use it improperly.
Tips for Using a Clay Mask
Follow these tips to use your Clay Mask to its full potential:
- 1. Only apply a mask two or three times per week. Cleansing your pores and cleaning your face are good things, but remember—the natural oils your body produces are necessary to keep your skin in good health. Accordingly, it’s wise to apply a face mask only periodically. For most people, two or three times per week is ideal.
- 2. Gently wash your face before applying the mask. Before applying a mask, it’s important to clean your face gently, with a washcloth or by bathing. This way, the mask will be able to penetrate your pores more efficiently.
- 3. Apply the mask all over your face (for general purposes). If you want a full-face experience, cover your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin fully.
- 4. Consider spot treating problem areas. Full-face treatments aren’t explicitly necessary. Consider spot-treating a problematic area, like your chin or forehead.
- 5. Allow the mask to dry for 10 to 20 minutes. Don’t cheat! Let the mask dry completely before removing it.
- 6. Rinse the mask off with warm water. When you’re ready, rinse the mask off with a gentle stream of warm water. It should come off easily.
- 7. Dry your face and apply a moisturizer. Finally, dry your face with a clean towel and apply a moisturizer.
Ready to give it a try for yourself? Buy one of our Clay Masks and see firsthand how much better it can make your skin feel!